Saturday, July 2, 2011

Strange Obsessions

Yes, I am obsessive. And I am completely okay with it. 


For example, I am obsessed with hummus. I eat it with everything. On sandwiches, with chips, pita bread  and vegetables... I just love it. It's delicious!

I am also OBSESSED with Owl City. I don't know how he does it, but Adam Young creates music that is perfectly hypnotic. He layers strange sounds and intertwines soaring melodies to create a symphony of feeling. His sweet voice pierces my soul, and his ethereal lyrics speak to my heart. I think it would be normal if my love for Owl City ended here... but it doesn't. I am a full-fledged fan girl. I check his blog daily and report to every single update made on his website. I have even joined the community of Owl City Galaxy. I have come to fall in love with Adam Young... his words inspire me, and his faith is beautiful. Not to mention he's a cutie! Anyway, before this gets too creepy, I think I'll move on.


I believe I am equally, but perhaps less thoroughly obsessed with the VlogBrothers, John and Hank Green. Basically, the two brothers started a "Vlog" (video blog) channel on Youtube, in which they create videos about anything/everything going on in their lives and send them to each other, for all of YouTube to see. Most importantly, they are NERDS! They call themselves "Nerdfighters" and claim that their purpose is to decrease world suck and replace it with awesome. Hank is a musician and John is an author, but they are both internet professionals. Their video-blogging launched their careers and spawned a huge fan-base known as Nerdfighteria. I am becoming a devout follower; watching all of their videos, pre-ordering John Green's new book The Fault in Our Stars 10 months in advance, and joining the fan-based website nerdfighters.com. The road to becoming a real nerdfighter is continual, but I am proud to be among them.


Along with being called a nerdfighter, many people would probably refer to me as a "Jesus Freak". However, I prefer to call myself a follower of Christ. I am a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, and I am often referred to as a Mormon. Living the teachings of this Church is my life, and I wouldn't have it any other way. I guess this can be referred to as an obsession, since I spend the majority of my time (well, all of it) being a "mormon". This is my life, and I love it!


Let's not talk about my Harry Potter obsession. I will just say that I am SOOOOO excited for the Harry Potter 7 Part 2 premiere... I just had the best stroke of luck and found tickets last-minute for the theater right down the street! I am screaming and jumping for joy on the inside, and smiling like a freak on the outside :)


These are currently my most prominent obsessions, and I'm glad to share them with you. 


Also, if any of you haven't run away screaming from this blog post, I congratulate you. 


Don't Forget to Be Awesome!

1 comment:

  1. eeeeeeeeeek!!! I have my Harry Potter midnight tickets too!!! I might just cry a little after its over. I can't wait to talk to you about it after!

    ReplyDelete