Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The Bucket

That's right, a list of things I would like to accomplish before I "kick the bucket."  This -> * <- means I've done it! Hooray!! I will modify and update this post as I (hopefully) accomplish some of these things.
*1. Learn how to ballroom dance [I won a Bachata competition up at BYU-I. It was exciting.]
2. Go Snorkling
3. Be an EFY counselor
*4. Hike up a mountain/Rock Climb [I HIKED UP MT. BALDY IN ALASKA! WOOHOO!]
5. Visit Every State (Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kentucky, Maryland (District of Columbia), Nebraska, Nevada, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Utah, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wyoming)
6. Milk a cow
7. Pet a snow leopard
8. Swim in an aquarium
9. Visit Ghana & Serve the people
10. Go to the Circus
*11. Play in an orchestra
*12. Sail on the Ocean [Again, ALASKA! YAY!]
*13. Make a blanket
14. Serve a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
*15. Write a children's story
16. Carve a watermelon
*17. Lord of the Rings Marathon
18. Star Wars Marathon
19. Harry Potter Marathon
20. Read all of Jane Austen's novels (I've got Pride and Prejudice down...)
21. See a Shakespeare play in the Globe Theater
*22. Paint a mural
23. Draw/paint a family portrait
24. Be in the Hill Cumorah Pageant (I've been 6 times)
25. Have a "giftless" Christmas
26. Go to a live General Conference session
27. Build a treehouse
28. Drive from coast to coast
*39. Visit Alaska [BOOYAH!!]
30. Direct a choir
31. Play "Misguided Ghosts" by Paramore on the guitar
32. Learn to play the violin and/or cello
33. Visit Ireland
34. Record a song in a professional studio
*35. Get straight A's (Huzzah!)
36. See Beethoven's 5th Symphony performed
37. Feed a Zoo Animal
38. Tour a movie set
39. Go to Art museums around the world (Like the Louvre or the Musee de Orsay)
40. Fly in a small plane
41. Go to a soccer game in south america
42. Get married in an LDS temple
43. Birth a child (That's right! I want to be a Mom!)
44. Read the complete works of Edgar Allen Poe
*45. Ride a camel
46. Graduate College (sooooo close!)
47. Read The Lord of the Rings trilogy (I finally started)
48. Go to Yellowstone
49. Make a crayon-melting painting
*50. Go to Las Vegas
51. Learn to do Archery like Robin Hood and Katniss Everdeen
52. Meet the Vlogbrothers
53. Design a home
54. Meet President Monson (I saw him in the airport once, but I haven't actually met him)
55. Have a picnic in a cemetery
**Updated 9/11/13**

6 comments:

  1. Oh Kiah I think we are kindred spirits! Come and visit and we can do some of those things together! Maybe while Natie is in Rexburg we can all go for a trip thru Yellowstone-what fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We already established this ;) But it's always nice to hear it :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you didn't have a picnic in a cemetery during the last weekend you missed a golden opportunity. I saw all kinds of unusual goings-on in cemeteries on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why didn't I think of that? Then at least people wouldn't give me strange looks... Perhaps I'll set that as my memorial day goal next year.

    ReplyDelete